- Warmth margarine in an enormous, substantial pot over medium-high warmth; cook and mix onions until they become delicate, around 10 minutes. Sprinkle onions with sugar; lessen warmth to medium. Cook, blending continually, until onions are delicate and caramelized, at any rate 30 minutes. Mix in garlic and cook until fragrant, around 1 moment.
- Mix sherry into onion blend and scratch base of pot to discharge any little bits of caramelized onion adhered to the base. Move onions into a moderate cooker and pour in hamburger stock. Season to taste with ocean salt; mix in thyme and straight leaf. Spread cooker, set on High, and cook 4 to 6 hours. Whenever wanted, set on Low and cook 8 to 10 hours.
- Around 10 minutes before serving, orchestrate bread cuts on a heating plate and toast the two sides under the flame broil.
- Consolidate all the ground cheeses in a bowl, hurling gently. Fill broiler safe soup bowls 3/4 loaded with onion soup and set a bread cut in each bowl. Top with around 2 tablespoons of cheddar blend per serving.
- Spot bowls on a heating plate and flame broil until cheddar garnish is gently cooked and rising, around 2 minutes.
Special Note; You don’t have caramelize the onions, you can essentially dissolve the spread in your moderate cooker, add the onions to cover them and afterward include every one of the fixings and cook. Be that as it may, caramelizing the onions makes for an a whole lot better soup.